Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Tuesday in Key West

My mission for Tuesday was to find a magnet ...
and Christmas ornament. ✔
We took the city's free bus down to the harbor.
I love these conch shells. Most places charge $25 for one but I have no way to safely get it home. So neat that you can hold it up to your ears and hear the ocean. My preschool Sunday School teacher had one and it was always fun to pass it around and hear the waves.
We had lunch at Margaritaville. They were playing clips from Buffett concerts so that was nice.
Our evening activity was a sunset cruise but we git to the wharf area early via the bus and stopped at The Dive Bar Shirt Club for two-for-one beers. The bartender said the tital was $17 something. I said, I thought they were two-for-one? She said you pay for your first drink and gave us each a token for a second, free beer, saying we could use it tomorrow if we didn't want it now. I said we're leaving tomorrow and that's not two-for-one, we only want one drink. She finally gave us both for half-price each but what kind of bullshit is that?
Onto the Sebago Watersports sunset cruise with live music and appetizers.
This Carnival cruise ship was huge.
The appetizers were this skewer (I gave Andy the olives), a smoked fish dip (no thanks) and shrimp cocktail (ick). At least the key lime dessert tarts for "dessert" were good.
My artsy pic of some passengers.
Sunset was beautful. It was nice to be out on the water with a breeze.
Since we were still hungry we stopped at Irish Kevin's for a bite to eat. I had wings and Andy got fried pickles.
Again, they had live music. Key West must be a good place for musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment