Thursday, September 5, 2024

To Miami Beach

Andy and I left Key West early Wednesday morning for our next destination, Miami Beach.
A friend told me we should look for Fred the Tree on the Seven Mile Bridge. We found it.
Our destination the National Hotel built in 1939.
Beautiful lobby.
Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we went to the pool.
See the green lizard? Iguana? I'm not sure what it is.
We also got lunch at this Cuban restaurant in the Breakwater Hotel. I had a burger and Andy had a Cuban sandwich. They added a 20 percent "service charge" on the bill so no (additional) tip for them.
This is the bar but they had a stage and at any minute Desi Arnez could walk out and feel right at home lol.
Our room is nice.
Nice retro touches. We look out onto the pool and have a patio area.
I'm loving the Art Deco everything. I wasn't loving that every restaurant had a hostess on the sidewalk trying to intice people to eat there. Everyone talked to us, some offering a discount. Just strange and a bit forward for us Midwesterners.
We took a break and sat on the porch of this Art Deco hotel. Nice park. Look how cool the railing is.
We're in an Art Deco historic district and the building are amazing.
I love the Art Deco design.
This Buick was owned by a restaurant and sitting out front, adding to the Art Deco feel of the whole area.
Prettiest CVS I've ever seen.
We went to the hotel bar and grabbed a drink. Andy wanted this picture of his very dirty martini. Ick.
Cool bar though.
This is a really neat metal bead curtain. I read that the hotel underwent a renovation during Covid so I'm not sure what is original and what was brought in by a good interior designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment