Thursday, September 12, 2024

More soirée prep

My September project for the soirée is to print all of the place cards in a way that they tell servers who wants which entree. I wanted the symbols to be subtle and "churchy" so I settled on the palm for vegetarian meals, the dove for chicken, and the fish with the cross for salmon. The manager at the venue said those will work. I just have to create a key for the servers.
Several longtime church have given donations to help with the soirée. Andy and I decided to buy and provide these small magnets as favors.
Remember those table displays I was making? Well, we sold about 120 tickets so I need more than 10 - if we put 10 people at each table - so I made up a few more. Had to get a picture of my friend Leslie doing her deacon thing since the deacon pic I was given had everyone but her in it. Worked out well, though, so I can have two pictures on the deacons' display. If we have extra displays I suppose they can go on the high-top tables.
I also had to find more name tags, better to have too many than not enough. I had 100 that I found at Goodwill but I found very similar, if not the same ones, on Amazon. This pack has 120 so that might be enough for everyone.
This is the frame I made for the photo booth. The writing was supposed to be done on the Cricut but my Cricut master moved to Florida. I think this will do. We're less than a month away!

No comments:

Post a Comment