Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Committed to Illinois


L accepted her admissions offer from U of I this afternoon. We were going to visit Purdue on March 30 but that was canceled and she figured she's been to U of I, she stayed there last summer for an advertising camp, she stayed in a dorm, ate the food, and her brother will be there so she'll have access to a car. All good reasons to say yes.

B found out yesterday afternoon that U of I will be doing online learning through the end of the semester. He wasn't happy, of course. He plans to go back to his apartment though. I'm sure he has friends he wants to see. Hopefully, he can find food and he can always come home when he's ready. Then we learned this afternoon that they also canceled U of I's graduation. Things are changing so fast.


Andy worked from home today but needs to go to the office tomorrow to sign some papers. It makes me a little nervous but he says he barely has contact with anyone, and he'll drive down to avoid the El. Here he is chatting with the boys from work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment