Sunday, March 9, 2014

'Scrapbook whisperer'

I enjoyed a fun (but short) weekend scrapbooking at Darla's this weekend with Cindy. L and I drove down Saturday morning and got to the farm about 10 a.m. Then Cindy and I went to Darla's and cropped until 11 p.m., taking time out to eat, of course. We worked on our albums more today until we left at about 3 p.m. We decided we have to do it over a three-day weekend next time. We invaded Darla's house to scrapbook last year too.


Here's Darla sorting through her hundreds of photos from her Niagara Falls trip. She's all sorted and plans to start filling an album soon. I tried to work on my childhood/family album but I have a lot of sorting to do, too. Instead, I worked on my personal album and was able to finish 21 pages from Christmas 2012 to part of Christmas 2013, including E's Sweet 16, my New York trip, Thanksgiving and our Jamaica trip last year. That's a year worth of photos in a day or so - not bad.

I like to give Cindy ideas to make her album pages more interesting (and elaborate so she slows down and doesn't run out of things to work on) so she and Darla nicknamed me the "scrapbook whisperer." Just look at this page Cindy is working on for the hanging bridges we went on in Costa Rica ...


I had the idea to create the bridges on the page and Darla provided much-need guidance on how to actually make the bridges and Cindy put it all together. It turned out looking better than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment