Saturday, February 16, 2013

Croppin' away


Today I woke up at 6 a.m. and headed to Staunton at 6:30. I made really good time, arriving close to 10:30, which even included a stop at a rest area overrun with middle schools students headed to Springfield. I picked up Cindy at the farm and we headed to Darla's house. Alice, a friend of Darla's, who is also a classmate of Cindy's, joined us for the day. Darla made a yummy vegetable cheese soup for lunch - I think I'll have to get that recipe. We scrapbooked all day and got filled in on all the happenings around Staunton. When Darla's husband came home from work, he found us spread out in his man cave. We were inquiring about former classmates and had been flipping through yearbooks to recall some names. When he came into the basement, we were huddled around his laptop looking up former classmates on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment