Sunday, February 17, 2013

Busy, busy


Another busy day of scrapbooking. I got my album caught up to Christmas 2012 and started working on my big project - putting an album together of all the pictures when I was growing up. It's pretty overwhelming and certainly won't be in the chronological order, but it will be nice to have the pictures all in one place. I think the Girl Scout pages came out pretty well:



Darla has all of her old Girl Scout pictures too and I just had to copy her picture of our Cadette troop when we went ot the Ice Capades at the Checkerdome in St. Louis. It was Oct. 13, 1979. I was 13 and in eighth grade. That's Darla and me in the center of the back row. What a dated picture!


We did suspend the scrapbooking after dinner to watch the season finale of "Downton Abbey." We couldn't believe the ending! We all gasped and were in shock! And when the public TV announcer came on afterward to try to sell DVDs of the show and matter-of-factly told us he'd give us "time to catch our breath" I started laughing uncontrollably, just like Darla and I used to do in junior high. We'd start laughing and couldn't even look at other. If we did, we started laughing all over again. It was the same thing tonight. I had to go into the bathroom to calm myself down.

1 comment:

  1. Cheri, I came across this page while trying to find a picture of the Checkerdome with the red and white checkered roof that it had for a short time. Do you have any other pictures of the dome... possibly with the roof? karen_wobbe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete