Sunday, May 12, 2024

Mom’s Day

B treated me and Andy to breakfast for an early Mother's Day treat. We discussed going out tody but thought the restaurants might be too busy, so Saturday was the day! We stayed local and went to Al's Grill. The waitress said it was a good thing he was sitting on a side by himself because he ended up with three plates and needed the room. I had my usual ham and cheese omelette.
B and me.
Andy gave me a nice card.
I asked E what kind of water bottle I would need to keep water cold in a hot car while I'm at work or out running errands. She said I needed a Stanley cup so the kids got me this pretty one. It was nowhere to be found here or in Champaign so E bought it in Washington and shipped it home. It's bigger than I wanted, but E said they didn't have it in the smaller size so I'll stay quite hydrated. B bought the initial charms and straw covers. This will come in handy ... and I'm on trend lol.
B surprised me by baking a pan of brownies for me while Andy and I were out shopping.
Though I'm happy with the gift from the kids and breakfast out, I've learned from experience that it's a good idea to buy myself a Mother's Day present (also a good idea for birthdays and Christmas). I rarely treat myself. This year my Mother's Day gift to myself was a new pair of Birkenstocks. Love the shiny Graceful Taupe color.

No comments:

Post a Comment