Monday, July 3, 2017

The Fast Eddie's experience


What a day. Cindy and I went to two florists, both closed for the holiday, before we frantically texted Darla and she saved the day by calling a florist in Highland (!) that said she not only open today, but that she'd make an exception and deliver to Staunton. After that ordeal, we went back to Fema's to get the catering figured out and to finally have the prices revealed. I don't understand why restaurants don't include prices on menus. Then we went to Cindy's and made the photo boards for the funeral. Then it was time for some fun:


Ever since I began seeing Facebook friends post about going to Fast Eddie's in Alton, I knew it was a place I wanted to go. Darla and her hubby went there on their first date. Aww. Darla and I decided that was our destination Monday and after some convincing (and the promise that we'd stay long enough to listen to the live music), we had her hubby as our designated driver.


Darla and Darik.


They shared some peel-and-eat shrimp. And we all shared free popcorn.


These are the food prices behind the grill. The prices were really low and the food was good. The beer is about what you'd expect to pay, around $4.50.


Here's my cheeseburger and fries. It's a great place to people-watch. We saw one woman who was so drunk she hit her head on her table. I'll have to take Andy here some time.


And we were back to Darla's house in time to watch her subdivision's fireworks show. It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment