Saturday, July 1, 2017

Busy, busy


Friday morning I took L to the Paul Mitchell School in Lombard to get her hair dyed pink. I've dyed it for years, but I've never bleached it so it was never the bright pink color she was after.


It's bright pink now. They said it would last 20 or so washings. I'm expecting more than that or we'll be back to me dyeing it for her. From there, I left for the farm. Had to make the obligatory stop in Normal for gondolas to take to Cindy's for dinner.


I didn't even realize it had rained while we were having dinner, but I saw this rainbow when I was leaving her house and headed to my friend Darla's house where I would be crashing for at least the next four nights.

Cindy and I made arrangements Saturday morning. Despite the circumstances, I'd say the funeral home director made it a pleasant experience. We went to order flowers and the shop had closed at noon. We went to the Methodist church to make sure we could use the basement for the luncheon and the pastor had us sit down and run through the service. Then we went to Fema's to ask about catering but their catering person was out so they handed us the catering menu with no prices and told us to come back Monday. Um, thanks.


Saturday night, Darla and Darik and I went to dinner at Pantera's. It's a pizza place that hasn't changed much since we went there as high school students. Afterward, we stopped at Bobby's for frozen custard. I had Bobby's Turtle sundae - hot fudge, caramel, pecans and a cherry - and it was delicious. So nice of her to let me stay with them while we prepare for mom's funeral.


On the way home, we spotted fireworks and decided to try to find out where they were being shot off from. We were almost there when we saw a police car head in the direction of the fireworks. That was the end of the "show."

No comments:

Post a Comment