Saturday, July 8, 2017

Rural touches


Our kids love Rural King. Free popcorn while you shop and live chicks and rabbits - what's not to like? So when we were down at the farm, B decided to stay in the hotel to sleep and we took the girls to Litchfield. I usually have luck finding strawberry pots there for my Chicken and Hen plants, but didn't see any this time. I did, though, find this colorful windmill that I bought as a birthday present to myself. We put it in our garden. I thought this colorful one would fit in a little better with our suburban neighborhood than the more traditional silver ones they had.


I also hung the aerial picture of the farm on the back porch. It says on the back that it was taken in June 1983. I can believe the 1983, but June? Andy finds it hard to believe Dad didn't have the fields planted by then. It does look wet though. Maybe it was a slow-to-get-started planting year?

No comments:

Post a Comment