Friday, July 7, 2017

Lots of quilts

Mom loved to quilt and made a lot of quilts over the years. I have the first quilt she did in my basement. I was in fifth grade and embroidered butterfly quilt blocks and she stitched it together. It's not in the best shape anymore, but we have others. She also gave me quilts for my wedding shower and wedding and she made a pretty blue one for me and Andy a few years ago.


This quilt was packaged up for L to take and keep. She pulled it out of the bag last night, wrapped herself in it and said it smelled like the farm. I asked if that's good, and she said that's great. We decided to seal it back up so the smell stays in there as long as possible for her.


E and I brought home these quilts. I'll keep the green one and E will have the reddish one. B didn't go to the farm to pick out a quilt (he preferred to sleep every chance he got) but Cindy said she'd set one aside for him and we'll get it later.


And we got five baby blankets mom had quilted. No pressure, kids. I washed them last night and I'll put those in long-term storage, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment