Sunday, June 12, 2016

Meeting a Sand Person

I woke up this morning to an email from B's host mom. She apologized for texting me yesterday, which she didn't need to. I figured sensei wouldn't have left him to fend for himself at an airport in a foreign country. Apparently she was texting B, but his phone battery had died. I'm just relieved they found each other.

"... Today, we walked to Shoyo High School, went to a restaurant, and now he is taking a nap watching a movie;) Bradley must be tired.
All of us are so happy to host Bradley, such a kind and nice boy. We are amazed how good his Japanese is. He always tries to speak to us in Japanese. He must have studied hard. I hope he enjoys staying here."

Later, I got this iMessage from him, proving that he's found wifi. It arrived at 5:30 p.m. which is about 8:30 a.m. Monday in Japan, so he was getting ready for his first day of school.


At home, we decided to do a little shopping this morning. I dared L, and she accepted, to get a selfie with this Star Wars Sand Person who was outside a store requesting donations for the American Cancer Society.


He even grabbed his sword when she asked him for a picture. And, of course, we donated. This girl cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment