Saturday, June 11, 2016

Il Bastardo


Andy picks wine by the label and this was a funny one.

We received a text early this morning from someone named Kyoko asking, "Are you still in Akita Airport?" I immediately assumed, correctly, that it was B's Japanese host mom looking for him in the airport. I envisioned him wandering aimlessly, searching for his host family. I did learn through the grapevine that the tour bus that was scheduled to pick up the students from the airport and take them to the school never showed up, so the kids were spending the night in a hotel using the bake sale money they raised a few weeks ago. I also knew some kids were being picked up by their host families from the airport, so I guessed B was one of those. He did text us in the evening that he was ready for his full first day in Japan and that he was with his family. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment