Monday, July 8, 2024

Church friends’ dinner

I'm glad my church friends started the tradition of going to the birthday girl's house for dinner. It ensures we get together at least six times a year! I made lasagna and I warned them it will be Midwest, American lasagna - don't expect any fancy Italian dinner. I did add ricotta though, which I don't when I make it for the family. Birthday girl chooses the entree and everyone else fills in. My friends brought garlic bread, salad, appetizers, chocolate cake and ice cream, and wine.
The others say it's a chance to pull out their wedding china that they rarely use. Mine gets used for every holiday but I thought I'd use it and be fancy too. I don't have any glass water glasses (since my hand injury) so I was surprised to find we had six of these Frank Lloyd Wright on-the-rocks glasses that worked for water. The question is why do we have six of these glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment