Monday, March 4, 2024

Pizza party and talent show

My friend Maureen is another one who loves a good theme. She's the decorator extraordinare and I knew putting her in charge of the church's anniversary talent show Saturday night would guarantee a success.
She even had a form for silly name tags based on your first name and birth month. I was Cheesy O'Dough and Andy was Saucy DiPepperoni.
Here's our fearless chef, in charge of pizza production, Joycelin. She made the dough and the sauce and directed everyone to chop all the ingredients.
It was quite the production.
Andy and I went over after the parade and helped in the kitchen.
They used duct tale to label the pizzas. Bad idea. The ovens got so hot the tape curled and we couldn't read the names. I would have suggested parchment paper (we did that for E's birthday one year)but no one asked me.
People took a pizza with sauce and added their own toppings. We must have baked 50 pizzas. We started at 4 p.m. with the talent show starting at 5:30 yet there were people who showed up at 5:30 looking for pizza. Um, the kitchen is closed but you can have some salad.
We had great crowd for the talent show.
This boy traveled around the world with his family for a year. He took thousands of photos and showed us a few and told us about them. I'd like to see and hear more. They had quite the adventure.
We had 12 acts, I think, and saw them all in an hour. Some singing, drama, poetry and dance. Such a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment