Friday, March 1, 2024

Love a good theme

The museum hosted a volunteer luncheon yesterday as a Leap Day celebration. The woman who arranged it decorated with frogs and wanted everyone to wear green. Frogs? Yes, it's "Leap" Day. Ah. I've never associated frogs with Leap Day but I love a well-carried-out theme.
Apparently frogs and Leap Day is a thing.
All the nametags had a frog sticker.
Frogs in the flowers ...
and, of course, a frog in a fire engine because the museum is in an old fire house.
Pretty good turnout for a Thursday at noon. Quite a few no-shows or no RSVP so we have lunch waiting for us today and little mini apple pies. Pretty sure I've had more lunches provided for me in six months at the museum than during my entire newspaper career.
See the wrapped desserts? They're s'mores to encourage our volunteers to volunteer "s'more." Get it?
My table full of interesting people with great stories.
And how funny is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment