Saturday, November 25, 2023

Now it’s Christmastime

We were up early Friday to give L a hug before she drive back to Champaign for Black Friday.
She was already wearing the holiday shirt and ready to sell shoes. (I think the store goal was $20,000 for the day and she said they reached $20,818.) She considered driving back Thursday night but I said that wasn't a good idea. She said traffic Friday was light. She left our house around 5:30 a.m.
Since we were up we started putting away all the Thanksgiving things ...
and putting up Christmas things. Then we napped, had leftovers for lunch and went out shopping.
We didn't buy any gifts, mostly groceries. I did successfully use my McDonald's rewards for an iced coffee. They're already using their Christmas cups.
It was almost dark when we got home so I could turn all the Christmas lights on. Our retro-looking tree.
The mantle has the set of Advent calendar houses that Allison and I found at a recent church sale.
Andy helped me hang all of the silver and gold ornaments. That's a time-consuming job but I like how it looks.
We also got our first Christas card in Friday's mail. It was from our former next-door neighbors who seem to be settling in nicely in their new Michigan house.

No comments:

Post a Comment