Sunday, November 12, 2023

Busy Saturday

Allison and I went to Arlington Heights yesterday morning for a "recycled Christmas" sale at a Methodist church. It was kind of huge!
I found some things I don't need ...
and Allison talked me into buying this set of three cardboard and metal buildings that are an Advent calendar. They're cute and $15 for all three. Apparently they were sold at Costco.
then last night we had the Thankoffering dinner at church. I made this pumpkin pie cake (a new recipe I came across). I kept sprinkling powdered sugar on it but it kept disappearing. At least I tried. Probably wasn't the best dessert to take since there were five, yes, five, huge Costco pumpkin pies there.
I also made Gram's stuffing but put it in a 9x13-inch pan instead of the usual casserole dish. Thought it might encourage people to take smaller scoops. It was all gone at the end of the night.
B went with us. He does like my stuffing.
My plate. The corn casserole didn't seem like it was baked enough so I didn't finish that.
Pretty decorations by my friend Maureen. This was the church's first Thankoffering dinner together since 2019. They tried virtual dinners during Covid but they're just not the same.
Me patiently (?) waiting in the parlor after dinner so I can take more pictures for the "We are Pilgrim" anniversary board.

No comments:

Post a Comment