Monday, July 17, 2023

Thrifty birthday

Allison's birthday was Saturday so after my church Zoom meeting we went out to a few yard sales. Our first stop was a flea market/yard sale at the Berwyn VFW. I texted E a pic of these paper quilting hexies and she said she would use them. The hexies were in a box full of patterns (14, some duplicates but different sizes) and the woman wanted $1 for everything. She wanted it all gone. She asked if I sew. Um, sort of.
We went to an estate sale at a former nursing home that was being used as a family home. Eleven bedrooms. It was huge and kind of creepy. Still looked liked a nursing home inside and it's for sale. Any way, I found 12 of these Spode napkins and the guy running the sale (who said he's not sure if the house is haunted, but he's not going to say it isn't) said he'd take $4 for the 12. Sold. A pack of four is between $25-30 new. I think they'll look nice at Christmas with a red or green tablecloth.
I do like finding Christmas things. I picked up 12 bread (or dessert?) plates at Goodwill. Only 99 cents each.
This is how the little plates (called Snowflake by Japan) look with my china dinner plates. Should be nice for my silver-and-gold themed Christmas. I got the two Luminara flameless candles at a yard sale. They both work but I only had batteries for one.
I sent a picture of this to Andy. We thought it was overpriced.
Who put this Illini Barbie on the floor? I didn't even know there was such a thing. L can't believe I didn't buy it because Barbie is huge now with the new movie coming out soon. A cheerleader? No thanks.
We were surprised to find this Rolls Royce parked beside us in the Goodwill lot. Of course we had to peek inside. The backseat was huge!
We drove to Winfield to visit the garden center we went to a couple of weeks ago. Julie met us there since we were in her neighborhood. I bought rosemary and basil plants. I transferred them to pots after I made myself some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment