Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Gotta love a deal

Allison and I went to a store the other day that seems to be a collection of leftovers from yard sales. The place was big and full of china sets and glasses. Not much was marked with prices but I found these candles and they were marked for 50 cents. When I went to pay the guy said they were more - I don't even remember what he quoted me - that the price must have fallen from something else. (The box was wrapped in masking tape and the price was written on the tape). I said I'll pass. Eventually got them tossed in when Allison bought a bowling ball for her garden, or maybe I owe her 50 cents.
I looked them up when I got home, of course. I was shocked to see the $45 price on Amazon. Do people really spend that much on candles?!? Apparently they're unscented, partially made of beeswax and dripless - perfect for a future holiday dinner. And they're only 5 inches tall so they won't obstruct views across the table.
Then at Goodwill I found this Nordic Ware dog treat pan. Cost me $2 and I thought it would be nice for E and D to make treats for Azula and Spud. It's $25 at Williams-Sonoma. and about $15 on ebay. And I couldn't resist new-in-box Luminara candles in a design I've never seen before. They were $4 and I could only find them in one store online and they listed it at $50. And they work!
A few Christmas items from various places - a Harry Slatkin reindeer candle holder (apparently named Jingles), a Lenox bowl to fit in with my silver-and-gold Christmas theme this year, and a St. Nicholas Square serving tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment