Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Birthday time

When we went to shop around with Julie on Monday, Allison treated me to Dairy Queen for my early birthday present. I got a delicious turtle pecan cluster Blizzard.
Then when I got home there were cards in the mail from Aunt Lorene and Cindy. Cindy sent me a McDonald's gift card that I'm pretty sure will be spent on vanilla iced coffees. Aunt Lorene wrote me a letter and said it's been dry at home but the crops are looking good. That's good news.
Picked up my free birthday Bundlet from Nothing Bundt Cakes. I got chocolate chocolate chip for my birthday and a raspberry white chocolate just because. I got a birthday hug from B, a nice card from Andy, texts from the girls and even a text from E's boyfriend, D.
Instead of going out to eat I opted for carry-out pizza. Of course, we went to pick it up and it started pouring.
This was driving south on East Avenue. You couldn't see very far so we were going pretty slow.
Rain water was already pooling by the time we got home so I took off my Birkenstocks and tossed them in a Jewel bag Andy had in the car. I was debating wearing flip flops because I knew rain was expected. I just thought we'd beat the rain. I had texted B and told him to come unlock the back door so I wouldn't have to dig for my key. I was soaked, just running from the garage to the house. Had to put on a dry T-shirt before eating. The pizza was good though.
I always get a birthday video from ISU and this one, from "Wheel of Fortune," I suspect will be the last one with Pat Sajak since he's retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment