Sunday, June 3, 2018

My bakers


I can't get over how many treats L made for her Japanese trip bake sale. She used my Christmas sugar cookie recipe to make these Pokeballs. They sold for $1 each and were a big hit with the kids. Sensei emailed us today saying the bake sale raised $1,239!


She was able to sell her cake balls for $1 each too. Some were decorated with pink swirls ...


... and some had blue and orange decorations for the school's colors.


While L was at a friend's house helping her bake Friday night, E finished decorating some of the cake balls we knew L wouldn't have time to.


She made cats out of them. So cute! Or as they say in Japanese, kawaii.


I made two bundt cakes because I've found they travel well. This is the Amazing German Chocolate Cake from the Cake Doctor's books. It has pecan coconut frosting in it. Unfortunately, it stuck to the pan but I tried my best to piece it together.


I had better luck with the Cake Doctor's Darn Good Chocolate Cake. It didn't say how to frost it so I made a chocolate glaze that I found in the book. I wasn't tempted to keep the German Chocolate Cake because of the coconut but the chocolate one was calling my name. I might have to make it again so I can test it and see if it lives up to its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment