Friday, December 29, 2017

Dinner at Tilley's

I drove down to the farm this morning because Kevin wants me at the bank tomorrow morning to cash out one of mom's accounts. However, because I signed papers and emailed them back to the bank, the person at the bank said she could give my check to Kevin so I didn't have to be there in person after all. I found that out after I arrived at Darla's house, where she graciously allowed me to spend the night.


So, since I didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn the next day to get to the bank, Darla, her husband and I went to dinner at Tilley's Tavern in Mt. Olive. I had been there once or twice back in my college years when it was a dive bar. It's now expanded into adjoining space and expanded its menu. It claims to have the best burgers in the state. I'm not sure who bestowed that honor on the bar but it was a good burger. We sat at a table on the stage of the expanded area, in front of the Christmas tree.


Here's Darik picking out songs for us on the jukebox - a John Cougar song, the Outfield and Poison. Yes!


The view from our table to the expanded dining room. It's a work in progress. We stopped at a bar in Staunton on the way home. It's run by a woman Darla knows. We joked that we could stop at every bar between there and Darla's house. I thought there was one bar, but there are three. That's way too much excitement for this night. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment