Friday, August 4, 2017

27th anniversary


Andy and I tried a different restaurant for our anniversary dinner this year. We went to Cantina Laredo last night. It's a Mexican restaurant in Chicago's River North area that we've walked by many times and always said we should go there.


The margaritas were pretty strong so we only had one. Had to sip those slowly. For dinner I had the beef fajitas and Andy had the carne asada.


I think the best part of the meal was this queso dip - cheese with seasoned ground sirloin and pico de gallo. Yum. Dinner was nice, but I did miss my Rick Bayless sightings at Frontera Grill. And it was a beautiful night so it would have been nice to sit on the patio at Frontera and watch people go by. This restaurant was loud so it was hard to hold a conversation, but I'd go back for the dip and a margarita.


This was Andy's dinner.

While we were out, the kids took the car (that's what happens when I leave the keys at home) and B drove them to a ramen restaurant in Chicago's Wicker Park that he's been to with friends. L ate fish (unknowingly), and also tried seaweed, bamboo, onions and pork. It was raining hard on their way home (on the Eisenhower Expressway!) and L said it was "the most exhilarating night" of her life ... so far. I'm just glad they got home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment