Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Silver Anniversary


Andy and I went out to Frontera Grill tonight for our anniversary dinner.


We had about an hour wait before a table was available so we sat in the bar and had margaritas and chips and salsa.


We were fortunate enough to get a seat on the patio to enjoy a beautiful Chicago evening and do some serious people-watching on Clark Street.


For dinner I had the Chicken in Huitlacoche Sauce (above) and Andy had the Oaxacan-style Carne Asada.


For dessert we shared a slice of pecan pie with Kahlua whipped cream. I did see Rick Bayless when I went in the restaurant to use the restroom. I saw him when we went here last in 2012. Ironically, when Andy went inside the restaurant, he didn't see him. And when I saw Bayless in 2012, Andy was in the restroom. It just wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment