Friday, March 22, 2013

No more surgery

I went to see my hand surgeon this morning and we both agreed that I don't need another surgery on my thumb! He said it seems to be bending pretty well. Surgery to remove the scar tissue could add another 10 degrees of bending, but he didn't want to recommend that as he didn't think it would be worth going through surgery and physical therapy again for such a small gain. He was pleased, too, that I'm getting more feeling back. It said that should continue until a year from surgery. He didn't tell me to make another appointment but said he may give me a call in September to do a one-year check-in.


It is kind of amazing I can now touch the base of my pinky finger when it was a big accomplishment to just reach the tip of my pinky a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment