Monday, March 11, 2013

Japanese dinner


Tonight Ai made dinner for us. She mixed rice with salmon, wasabi and soy sauce. We put that on a seaweed roll and topped it with more seaweed and shredded egg yolk (that came in the bag shredded - pretty cool). It was a little sour but OK. We're not big sushi eaters. OK, we're not sushi eaters. I was super proud of B and E for both trying one. L took one taste of the rice and opted for chicken nuggets and tater tots.



Funny thing, the cats must have smelled the salmon in the rice because they kept climbing on the table after dinner. Ai gave us these ingredients to keep: the salmon (dried, I think), wasabi (paste, I guess) and the soy sauce.


After dinner, E gave Ai the present we put together for her: a Chicago T-shirt, an "I love Chicago" bear, a keychain, magnet, some postcards of Chicago sites, a Bears notepad, a little wallet that I put the kids' pictures in and our address so she'll stay in touch, and a sleeve of OPRF golf balls (thanks to Coach Hostrawser!). She cried and hugged E when she gave it to her. She said she was so happy. Awwww!

A fun part of today was taking Ai to Target after school. She wanted to go to buy some Hungry Jack Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix (she got two!). She also bought vanilla Oreos (two bags), El Milagro tortilla chips (two bags) and some chocolate. I can't remember what else. She was so happy pushing the cart around - and she finally got to break one of her $50s. Yet another instance when I should have my camera in my purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment