Saturday, August 5, 2023

Anniversary dinner

Andy and I hadn't been downtown for our anniversary dinner since 2020 but we went back last night - to Frontera Grill of course. It was the height of the pandemic but we were sitting on the patio so I guess we thought that was ok. We didn't have much traffic driving into the city so we drove around a bit. Lollapalooza was happening so downtown was packed with people. I sent this picture to L and she asked, "You're going to Lolla?" Um, no.
Beautiful night to be in the city. Look at those hydrangeas.
Cheers to 33 years!
We got chips for an appetizer and cheese quesadillas served with an avacado lime sauce. Delicious. Our dinner reservation was at 8 p.m. so that's a late dinner for us. Fortunately, we got seated right away.
For dinner I had the weekend pork special. It was good but Andy's steak looked better. Next year maybe I'll go with the steak.
Dessert is the best part. We split a slice of chocolate pecan pie and a flan.
Andy thought this picture behind me was interesting - and a little suggestive.
Chicago closed off the street in front of the restaurant for outdoor dining. There are lots of restaurants in the area so it makes for a pretty festive atmosphere.
On the drive home we saw projections on the Merchandise Mart. We weren't there long enough to see what the show was about but it was kind of neat to see.
I was reading through my blog to see what we've done for past anniversaries and came across this adorable creation from L she drew 10 years ago.
My anniversary card from Andy. With my recent trip I totally forgot about getting him a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment