Thursday, August 24, 2023

Busy Wednesday

Yeaterday was fhe first day of school for the local elementary school. Schubert's mom (along others) snuck out after their kids were asleep to do some inspirational sidewalk art.
For work, I spent a few hours in the morning at the high school for a volunteer fair. This cafeteria has been completely remodeled since L was a student. We gave students our spiel and asked them to give us their email address for more information. It was my job to put the names and email addresses in an Excel sheet. So many of the names and addresses were illegible.
This is a neat addition outside the auditorium. This concrete relief hung over the school's entrance when the building faced Ontario Street. I believe it was found in the school's basement. The entrance was changed to Scoville Avenue decades ago and Ontario Street was closed off to expand the building.
Since I was walking past the church I had to get some pictures of the roofers. We had storm damage last spring so the insurance is paying for the new roof and painting. It's about (sometimes over) 100 degrees today so I should have known my Facebook post about it would bring out all of the concern for the workers. (I think roofers know when to take breaks since it's always hot when you're roofing).
My afternoon project was researching this lantern projector for the high school's 150th anniversary exhibit. So interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment