Thursday, August 17, 2023

‘MJ’ the musical

I finally won the $25 ticket lottery for "MJ" tickets. Andy decided he'd like to see it so he was my date Wednesday night.
Here we are.
We were seated in the dress circle, right side, in Row FF. We couldn't see the right side of the stage but we saw enough. And of all things, the people behind us were loud - talking and crunching their popcorn bag. Ever been to the theater before? Shhh.
The show was OK, I liked the first half better than the second. I thought there were several songs they could have cut out. There was a lot of "woe me" dialog from Michael and that was annoying.
The story was about him preparing for his "Dangerous" tour in the early '90s when everyone already knew about his weirdness. I also didn't care for the storyline that MTV was filming the practices for a documentary and trying to get him to open up about his drugs and his father's abuse. Such a pretty theater though.

No comments:

Post a Comment