Sunday, July 19, 2020

Enjoying nature


Today E took me to Lake Sammamish State Park for a short, no-elevation-change easy hike.


The picnic tables were stacked, we suspect, to keep people from gathering.


Here’s E, testing the water temperature. There are fishermen in the background. This was separate from the beach area. I was surprised how the beach was full of tiny pebbles, not the nice sandy beaches I’m used to.


Some sort of hawk, I think, sitting up in a tree.


E checks out the hiking routes. She doesn’t want mom to get too tired. Guess she doesn’t want to have to carry me back to the car.


We did a little shopping then went to this cute chocolate shop. It’s called Boehm’s Candies in Issaquah, Wash.


I bought a bag of imperfect chocolates and three of their “Mt. Rainiers.” It’s vanilla-caramel fledge with maraschino cherries topped with milk chocolate and topped with sprinkles of white chocolate “snow.” The plan is to bring them home to Andy and L but that’s two weeks from now. We’ll see if they last that long.


And the real Mount Rainier.

No comments:

Post a Comment