Friday, December 6, 2019

Girls' night

Allison asked me the other day if I'd want to go to a holiday dinner Thursday night at her friend's women's group at her church. I initially said no since I thought I'd be busy baking for the Nursery School's cookie exchange Saturday. I finished my cookies Wednesday and when I found out Thursday morning that Andy was leaving town on business and L was working late at the bakery, I said I could go after all. No need to stay home and cook for myself when I could enjoy a catered Italian meal:


Appetizers were crackers and various cheese spreads. I think one had olives so that was not my favorite. Dinner was good - chicken in a lemon sauce, roasted potatoes, salad and mostaccioli.


After dinner we watched the OPRF Show Choir perform. So much energy from those kids.


Then it was time for the raffle! I bought $3 worth of tickets which got me 12 chances to win. And I won three times. I chose a candle, a Christmas tree sign and a (kind of gaudy) Christmas tree nightlight. The lady was calling so fast it was hard to keep up, especially since Allison had more tickets than I did and the priest left early and gave his tickets to her. She won several prizes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment