Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lovely gala


Our friend, C, from church, invited Andy and me to the Chicago a capella gala tonight.


The theme for the gala was Hollywood so all throughout the evening the choir sang Oscar-winning songs from various years. I think my favorite was their performance of "My Love Will Go On," from "Titanic," 1997- winner. Funny that it won the Oscar in the year E was born - she used to watch the movie over and over.


Here are our friends C and G checking their phones for updates on their silent auction bids. Andy and I considered a couple of the items but the bids ran up pretty fast.


Our party favors were the little Oscars that were at each table setting as well as some chocolate Kisses.


I took this selfie while waiting for Andy to get home so we could drive to the gala. I tried to wave my hair, but that didn't work so I had to rinse it out and start over. The gala was held at Venue West in Chicago which is a really neat space.

No comments:

Post a Comment