Wednesday, November 21, 2018

'Miss Saigon'


Andy and I went downtown to see "Miss Saigon" tonight.


I've been entering the "Miss Saigon" theater ticket lottery since the show started playing in Chicago and yesterday I won! I had an hour after being notified to purchase our tickets.


We had dinner at a local restaurant, then drove downtown. We had a little time to kill so we walked through a couple aisles of the Christkindlmarket. Surprisingly, I saw a booth that I think is new. It was selling ornaments made of tree bark. The moose was adorable. When I go back I want to give those a closer look.



Our seats were on the orchestra floor, to the left of the stage, Row U. There were two more rows behind us. The face value of the tickets was $85 each so we got a bargain.


Ready for the show to begin. We didn't know the "Miss Saigon" story. Andy enjoyed the opening act - you'll have to see the show to appreciate that. All of the dialogue was sung so it was a bit hard to understand at times but we enjoyed it. Don't expect a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment