Friday, October 20, 2017

Croptoberfest Day 1


What are the odds that my car battery died on Wednesday when I was supposed to leave Thursday for a scrapbooking crop in O'Fallon, Ill.? And even more, what are the odds Cindy was up here in St. Charles for a convention so she could drive me to the crop? That worked out surprisingly well.


And we stopped at Avanti's in Normal on the way to her house. Have to admit, I was a little shocked to see a Wesleyan University flag hanging in an Illinois State University establishment. Hmmm.


The crop started at 9 a.m. but we got to the Drury Inn about 10 a.m. and were able to check into our room right away. We were on the fifth floor. Nice view of the nearby Starbucks, McDonald's and Michaels store lol.


What a messy cropping room. I was at the end of the table so I had a good view of everything that was going on. Cindy was to my left and Darla was to my right so I could keep an eye on both of them.


This was our gift for showing up - some paper, stickers and a cute container. Oh, and M&Ms.


Dinner and happy hour with three drinks per person was included in the room price. Tonight was tacos. They also had hotdogs and baked potatoes. Not bad for "free."

No comments:

Post a Comment