Monday, June 26, 2017

Japan pictures!


B has been doing a pretty good job of texting us during his Japan trip. This morning, which was evening over there, he said he'd send me some pictures of a Ferris wheel ride they went on. The pictures arrived when it was 4:20 a.m. over there. Not sure if he's not sleeping or if our Internet connection is slow. Either way, I got some pictures, and they're pretty good. The two boys on the left are students at the Chicago high school he's traveling with and the other three, I assume, are their host students. B's host student is a girl but there are two girls in the picture so I'm not sure which is his host. He'll explain it all when he gets home, I'm sure. They look like they're all having a good time.


B didn't specify, but I think it's this Ferris wheel in Tokyo. (If that's wrong, I'll have to do some editing when he gets home).





According to Wikipedia, "Daikanransha is visible from the central urban area of Tokyo, and passengers can see the Tokyo Tower, the twin-deck Rainbow Bridge, and Haneda Airport, as well as central Tokyo, during their 16-minute ride. The Bōsō Peninsula and Mount Fuji, the highest mountain in Japan, can also be seen on a clear day." I'm pretty sure that's the Rainbow Bridge you can see in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment