Saturday, June 10, 2017

Celebrating the grad


It's time to celebrate our graduate with a family party! B requested Buona Italian beef. We also had baked beans, Asian coleslaw, antipasto salad, chips and vegetables. I also made a pea salad for the first time. Still not sure whether I liked it.


The temperature was as hot as B's graduation day - low 90s - however, it was pretty windy so there was always a breeze. Sitting in the shade wasn't too bad.


Inside, of course, we had the air conditioning on.


B, Cousin C, Andy and Aunt Cindy played a little cornhole.



B's cake from Costco. Andy went to pick it up this morning and called twice from the store, saying they couldn't find it. I think he was panicking. Eventually, they found it and it was huge!


I'd say they overdid the frosting a bit ... a lot. This was frosting I pulled off and set aside. I don't think anyone wanted to eat all that sugar. It did look nice, though.


We were thrilled to have both grandmas at the party. Here's Grandma Barbara enjoying the party in the back yard. She wore the necklace my mom gave her years ago.


And here's the kids with their other grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment