Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Field’s Founders’ Party

What a busy day! I had a haircut appointment at 2 p.m. What a pretty poinsettia.
When I got home we drove downtown and went to the Christkindlmarket so I could get a souvenir cup. Andy got a beer but the commemorative steins were sold out.
Not too busy.
My favorite booth.
I really like these manger scenes. I thought the characters were glued down but they're not. And I asked what the gold thing in front was. I thought it was a candle holder but it was flat. The guy said it's frankincense. Um, OK.
Then we went to the Field Museum's Founders' Council holiday party.
Appetizers and drinks.
This was interesting. The rabbits change color based on the season. Gray in summer, mixed in fall and white in winter. However, with global warming there are white rabbits when there's no snow, making them susceptible to predators.
Pretty drive home with green and red lights on some of the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment