Monday, December 4, 2023

Advent candle lighting

Andy and I lit the first Advent candle of the season at church yesterday, the candle of hope. I did the lighting, Andy did the reading.
Pretty easy job. Apparently the candle almost went out as I was walking to the pulpit to stand by Andy but then the flame miraculously returned. Talk about hope! Glad I didn't see that. My friend Maureen said the lighting was "dramatic" and I didn't realize why until later when I saw some members' posts about it on Facebook. The congregation did seem surprised when I got to the pulpit but I thought that was because I forgot to set the candlelighter down.
Andy's (better?) picture of the tree and candles.
After church there was a luncheon for donut volunteers and a push to recruit new captains for next year. We made a tray of sandwiches to take. The current captains all received a donut apron.
Andy in his donut apron grabbing some food before the buffet was "open." Notice the cute donut table covering.
And they had these donut stress balls on every table. I brought one home for B too.

No comments:

Post a Comment