Saturday, November 12, 2022

The wedding

It was Friday, 11-11-22, and it's wedding day. It was cold, almost 40 degrees and windy.
This is my cousin's wife walking in with her two grandsons. It was the first time I've seen the boys though I do see what they're up to on Facebook.
Andy my cousin walking his daughter down the aisle.
My cousin Lisa had texted me and told me the wedding would be outside and to bring a jacket. I had my winter coat and they supplied some blankets so I could cover my legs.
At least the ceremony was short.
We were glad to get inside. The wedding and reception were both at the Olde Wicks Factory where organs for churches and theaters were produced for decades.
Table No. 1 with my aunt, Cindy and some of the cousins.
Me, cousin Lisa and Cindy.
This charcuterie board (on steroids) was out during cocktail hour.
The cocktail hour was in the Gatsby Room with lots of antique sofas. Andy and I went in there after the dinner to look at the pictures they had of the factory when it was operating and the owner showed us the facility's other rooms and told us about the renovations, the factory, etc. Pretty cool.
My dinner mates - Cindy, Lisa, Aunt Lorene, cousin JoAnn and her son, Scott. And Andy, of course, but he was taking the picture. He's there in the mirror though.
We were all concerned about cutting the chicken and beef with the plastic utensils but mine broke on the salad. It's very hard to eat salad with a plastic fork.
The dessert table was fantastic. I chose a chocolate cake pop and a mini pecan pie that I passed around the table after taking a slice. And they had a two-tier chocolate cake for the newlyweds to cut into.
The bride visiting our table. So nice to catch up with my relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment