Sunday, November 13, 2022

The drive home

It was cold yesterday but we didn't expect to wake up Saturday and see snow out of our hotel room.
At least it was a dry, fluffy snow. Andy didn't have a snow brush in the car so we drove to a nearby gas station and used their window washer thing to get the snow off.
These signs were all along a single house's fence in Marine. I'm guessing the owner is a die-hard Republican lol.
We met Darla and Darik for breakfast at Weezy's in Hamel, on Route 66.
They had signs all over the place.
This one, though, was especially fitting. The waitress brought me an omelet as I had ordered a ham and cheese omelet. But I noticed a green pepper in it so I passed it to Darik who ordered a western omelet. Then he noticed it had bacon in it and thought was odd, but proceeded to sprinkle black pepper on it. When the waitress came back she asked why I gave him the omelet. I said it wasn't mine and told her what I ordered. She then realized the omelet Darik had was for another table. He handed it back to her and said, "I hope they like pepper." We assume she took it to the kitchen instead of delivering it to the correct customer. It was pretty funny.
Food was good and well-priced. My omelet was $5.75 and I added hashbrowns for $1.75 (I think).
Lots to look at.
Then we were on our way, driving on I-55 when we saw this wide load. Wonder what these huge tires fit on.
Made a stop in Normal, of course, and were miffed when we drove into the Avanti's parking lot and there hardly any cars. Then we saw signs that the dining room was closed. Noooo! Good thing is that they're renovating the dining room so it was closed, but we were able to carry out gondolas for dinner. Phew.
Drove through campus and stopped at the Alamo.
I got this bucket hat for Cindy. It has a Redbird on the side.
Andy bought himself a nice red quarter-zip and I got a Christmas ornament and some car decals.
So many fun things I don't need.
Our last stop was Wally's truck stop in Pontiac. We used the restrooms, looked around and left with big sodas.

No comments:

Post a Comment