Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Finally ‘Wicked’

After sporadically entering the ticket lottery for "Wicked" since the show arrived in Chicago in September, I finally won! Andy and I saw the show probably 15 years ago so this was my second time.
We had tickets to the matinee today so we went early and had lunch at Stocks and Blondes. Andy said it's a dive bar and it most certainly was. I had the Italian beef special and it was good even though they burnt the bottom of my bread. Andy even stopped by to see us but couldn't stay.
We were on the orchestra level, left, Row M, seats 15 and 17 (Nederlander Theater). We got the seats for $25 each. I looked up the same seats for next Wednesday's matinee and they are selling for $145 each. I'd say we got a good deal.
So close. And most of the row we were in was empty so we moved to other seats during the second act and had no one in front of us.
They were giving out these pins. I saw one woman in the restroom whose button said she had seen the show 50-plus times.
This was after the show. The cast was asking for donations to some cause.
This was in the lobby and these kids were signing it. Kind of interesting. We stopped next doornat Garrett for some popcorn after the show. I got a small Chicago mix. Then we went to Andy's new office to check it out and give him a ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment