Friday, November 11, 2022

The drive down

On the road a little after 7 a.m. to go to my cousin's daughter's wedding. The clouds were pretty interesting as we drove east on I-294.
Looking west from I-57 south.
Andy's Enclave hit 10,000 miles.
We stopped in Champaign to see our favorite Illini and take her to breakfast. We went to Denny's and it was so slow she had to get her food to go so she could make it to work on time. I think we waited 45 minutes for our food.
At least the coffee mugs were funny.
We drove through Effingham, the Crossroads of America, where I lived for two years after college.
My apartment building on Fourth Street. I had the top right apartment.
THe county courthouse looks the same. It's already decorated for Christmas.
That's the Daily News office at the end of the street.
This is Jefferson Street, the main street through the downtown. I had an apartment on the top of a store but couldn't find it. Lots of things have changed.
But the Heart Theater is still there...
and Niemerg's Restaurant.
This large cross is new ...and a bit overwhelming. It was completed in 2001 so not necessarily new but after my time.
We're staying at the Baymont Inn in Highland. The room is huge! We have two hours to rest and get ready before the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment