Saturday, November 18, 2017

Thankoffering Dinner


Tonight was the church's annual Thankoffering Dinner - and all my kids were there! It was Mayu's first introduction to an American Thanksgiving. I brought a Swiss Corn Casserole. It was edible but not spectacular. Andy said it was too "eggy." I thought it had too much cheese (3 cups!) which I previously didn't think was possible. Andy was a little disappointed there was no carrots or stuffing. You just never know what's going to show up at a potluck. I was more disappointed that there was no pecan pie.


L is having a Thanksgiving potluck in her Japanese class on Tuesday and decided to email her teacher to see whether she could make something at home or whether she had to bring something store-bought. We thought it would be funny to have Mayu write the email in Japanese and surprise the sensei with how well L could write Japanese. Anxiously awaiting her response.

No comments:

Post a Comment