Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tire trouble

Here we are with Darla this morning. My scrapbooks were done so I did a little shopping. Darla had everything on sale so it was a good time to stock up. I bought an album for L, pages, protectors, lots of paper, a couple tape refills and some stickers. You can never have too many stickers! Cindy and I left the crop this morning a little after noon. We noticed as we were leaving the parking lot her car was vibrating a bit. We weren't sure what it was, but by time we were on Route 140 west of Greenville but east of Alhambra we decided to call our brother to save us. He drove from Staunton to find us and checked her tire. Sure enough, a lugnut was loose. On further inspection, he found two of the bolts that hold the passenger side front tire on were broken off. He tightened up the bolts that remained and we drove to Staunton going about 35 mph. When I got to the farm, I gathered up L and we headed home. We stopped in Normal to fill the car with gas and buy two gondolas from Avanti's for our dinner. We made it home around 6:30 p.m., in plenty of time to watch "Amazing Race." What's a gondola? Only the world's perfect sandwich with salami, ham, American cheese and lettuce. It may sound simple, but Avanti's makes the gondola with the tastiest bread ever. I think the secret to the gondola is in the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment