Thursday, June 9, 2022

Staunton stuff

I spent so many Sundays in this sanctuary. It's been totally redecorated since our wedding but it's always nice to go home. I do like the addition of the stained glass from the "old" church where I was baptized. (Kevin was the last baby baptized in the old sanctuary.) The pipe organ sounds so, so much better than the electric organ at Pilgrim.
The church hall is pretty much the same - the floor tile, the chairs. We had so many mother-daughter banquets, Girl Scout banquets, Halloween parties, Easter breakfasts, funerals and bridal/baby showers there. I took a peek into the preschool rooms (where Darla and I met!) and they were totally different. Kind of sad.
After the funeral luncheon (or should I say feast? Darla will be eating chicken for a long time!) I drove out to the farm to drop off cookies for Kevin (and Kumar). Those clouds were too cool. I did run into light rain a few times on the way home.
August and Muffles were glad I came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment