Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Saying good-bye

I drove to Staunton yesterday for Darla's mom's funeral this morning. Got to stop at Wally's, a huge truck stop at Pontiac. This gas was the cheapest I saw the whole way down. It was 10 cents higher on the way home.
They had so many food stations and things to buy. It's kind of overwhelming. The bathrooms were clean but, of course, the first one I go into was out of toilet paper. And the drinks are all the way in the back. I think I got my steps in.
Next stop was Normal where I picked up a gondola from Avanti's for me and Cindy to split for dinner.
After dinner we hit a couple of thrift stores. Just look at all of those U of I hats!
The service was very nice. I was surprised when the revernend mentioned how Darla's mom loved to shop and would take Darla and me to St. Clair Square on Saturdays from open to close ... and then we'd go across the street and shop at Venture because it was open later than the mall. Made me cry. I sat by my high school friend Michelle and we rode to the cemetery and back together.
Darla did a great job putting a memory table together for her mom. She even had her mom's Girl Scout sash.
So nice to catch up with my high school friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment