Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The drive home


After leaving L at her dorm to start her college adventure yesterday, Andy and I drove through Dairy Queen for some cold, tasty comfort.


The drive home was pretty easy. We saw a Trump sign.


Interesting sunset with all the clouds. I sent this to E - sunset on the Flatland, I called it. She doesn't have flat, open spaces in Washington.


An IDOT sign - "Like a seat belt a mask only works if you wear it." The state had other funnier messages I didn't get a picture of. "You look great in that mask," etc. I was freaked out by the number of shoppers and employees in the Savoy Walmart who were wearing masks over their mouths but not over their nose. Is it that hard? You're such a rebel. We'll never get rid of this pandemic, folks.


Andy and I thought it was appropriate we came across an REM song on the radio. Our first date was an REM concert at (then) Assembly Hall at U of I - and it's where we took L when we arrived at campus to get tested. Life comes full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment