Sunday, February 4, 2018

So this happened

Andy was at the shop seeing if the kids' car could get fixed so B could drive back to college when B's friend, IB, asked for a ride. I let B take my car and this is how that ended:




I knew the moment I answered the phone that he crashed. I had a bad feeling about him coming home this weekend. Perhaps this was why. It was snowing and slick and B took a turn, the car slid around, hit a Chicago streetlamp pole and came to rest. It looked like he had parked the car. The airbags went off but both boys were OK, physically anyway.


The insurance company arranged for a tow truck to come haul my car away.


A little ironic that the car was being towed next to a snowplow. Maybe if the snowplow was on that curve earlier, B could have managed it. We drove B back to school (L came along, Mayu was shopping with friends downtown) and it was snowing and blowing so it took forever.


It was nice to see E. We picked her up at the Union and gave her a ride back to her apartment. I'll be driving the kids' car once it gets fixed and then we'll be car shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment